Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Kids Trunk Show/ Shopping Fair in Chicago on April 4, 2009
Spots may still be available for this very unique-sounding craft show. The theme is kids' clothing and accessories, and it also seems to be very well organized. It is in downtown Chicago, so if you will be in the area, please try to vend or visit and report back to me with pictures and comments. I am sure that the coordinator would really appreciate your support, so have fun!
Venue: Belle Plaine Studio
2014 W. Belle Plaine, Chicago, IL
Show Time: 10 am to 6 pm
Set-up : 9 am – 10 am
Pack-up: 6:00 – 7 pm
Booth Size: 8ft x 8 ft square feet ( and then some)
- check out the website www.chicagokidsshow.webs.com and see who the other vendors are let me know if you feel that they are direct competitors or if your products are too similar. I can either separate you or work on a first come, first accepted thing. Most of the vendors are on Etsy or have websites.
- email blast to local parents ( school list)
* an email template will be provided to each vendor
- postcard/ rack card/ flyer distribution to local businesses
- flyer and postcard distribution to neighbors
* let me know if you need postcards too.
- website for forwarding : www.chicagokidsshow.webs.com
- I will also contact Chicago Parent, Go City Kids, Metromix and see if I can get
listed for free
- the venue comprises of 2 connected studios, approximately 2,100 square feet www.belleplainestudio.com
- it is in a busy neighborhood with lots of parking (metered but never full) in a bounded by 2 popular streets
- kid friendly/stroller accessible
- every vendor will have at least 8x8 sq ft and lots of room in the front
- the area is well lighted has it’s own ac/heat and electricity is provided
- there are a limited number of banquet tables 6 ft long, I would need to know of you need one or if I should provide you one, there are also round glass tables ( table for 4) as well as 2 square tables.
- I have can have a male relative to help that day if you need assistance in loading/unloading, bathroom breaks or buying food etc.
- I will be setting up a kids activity center, an area with small tables and chairs, a tv w/ dvd player and some toys and coloring activities
- I will bring some kind of generic music
- I will have a couple of street signs with balloons, decorate the exterior with large trunk show signs as well as streamers and balloons
- The inside of the trunk show will have balloons too – to give away to kids, streamers and large pompom – chandeliers on the ceiling