Sunday, September 4, 2011
This article is fully written by and credited to: Indie Fixx by Jen Wallace
"With indie craft show season upon us, I thought I might resurrect my suggestions for craft show displays. As a veteran of craft shows, both as a participant and as a shopper, I’m a semi-pro when it comes to craft show displays. That said, I’ve put together a list of craft show displays do’s to help you attract more attention to your booth or table.
One important thing to remember is that your store should be exciting as any mainstream store at the mall, that’s what lots of shoppers are used to looking at. In fact, you could even take a field trip to shops like Anthropologie and Urban Outfitters to see how they display stuff as a stepping stone for your own ideas & solutions. Also, don’t forget to be creative!"
1. Do utilize your space well.
2. Don’t forget to price your goods & make sure those prices are visible.
3. Do hang stuff up, if necessary and possible!
4. Do provide a mirror if your goods are wearable.
5. Do think ‘outside the table’ in terms of your display.
6. Do make clever displays.
7. Do come up with solutions, so your items don’t blow away.
8. Do design custom & eye-catching displays.
9. Do use recycled materials to create your displays.
10. Do make it easy for customers to interact with your goods.
11. Do incorporate your branding into your display.
12. Do make your stuff look as tantalizing as sweets in the sweet shop!
13. Do be creative with your props!
14. Do show off items at varying heights.