Tuesday, March 24, 2009

72nd Annual Sanibel Shell Show (first Thursday of March Every Year)



When I was younger, my grandparents had a condo on Sanibel island. Right on the beach! Sanibel has been known for being a great shell finding location, so this event is totalyl appropriate for the island!! Sanibel and Captiva islands are just gorgeous, and I hope they have fulyl recovered from the storms years ago...
"Shells are such a great material to craft with and anyone who knows me knows how much I love them. My office is full of shells and sea glass that I have found scouring the beaches of Maine and Florida. One of the best places to go shelling is Sanibel Island in Florida. Sanibel is great because the island is actually made of shells. There are such an amazing variety of shells to be found there that Sanibel has become known for its magnificent works of shell art. In order to showcase the amazing shell art, the Sanibel Community Association and Sanibel-Captiva Shell Club host an annual shell fair and show. The show takes place the first Thursday in March every year." I found this info HERE.
Here is another Sanibel-Captiva Website.

No comments: