Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Craft Fair Extraordinaire Feature Interview #9 (love.Jujube)

This jewelry artist has quite a sophisticated style :) Her striped table cloths set off her newer jewelry collections, themed on vintage materials and styles. The cute and romantic nature of her items is nice set upon a very dainty display. I would love spending lots of time at this booth! The images below show a very busy craft fair! I hope you enjoy...


1) My little store is ju ju be, I am mainly in Hong Kong but will relocate to Edinburgh very soon.
My store: lovejujube.etsy.com
My blog: lovejujube.blogspot.com

2.) What form of art/craft do you make?
I do handcrafted jewelry with wire and all kinds of beautiful beads



3.) When did you start vending at Craft Fairs? Were you successful at first?
I have started joining craft fair in May 2009 for promotion purpose but it was unexpectedly successful. Such that I kept on doing it.

4.) What is/was your favorite Art/Craft Fair you have ever attended/vended at and why?
5.) Least favorite?
4) & 5) I do not have a favorite / least favorite. I joint upon invitation. I treat every fair as social event to meet my customers / other artists.


6.) Who tends to be your target audience? What tends to be your best selling item(s)?
Ladies, who are relatively older in their 20s or 30s.

7.) Do you ever do marketing for your upcoming shows, or do you leave it to the Show Coordinators? If you do promotions, how do you do them, and do they seem to work well? Do you ever do giveaways at shows? Give out lots of business cards, etc...
I do minimum promotion. Just blog and facebook.

8.) Have you ever helped put a show together or run a show? Which one(s)?
No.


9.) How have Flickr, Etsy, Facebook, etc helped you expand your crafty business?
These means do help but I discovered the most important is to make more great creations and update my shop regularly.

10.) What do you think the difference is between an Art Show and a Craft Fair? If there is any difference...
People tends not to buy at Art Show.


11.) If you wish, please list your upcoming shows for 2010 and beyond.
March 20, Amor Workshop, Wan Chai, Hong Kong

12.) Any words of advice for people who do not think their setup is as good as it could be? What is your most successful layout for a table or booth. Be as general or specific as you want.
Stuff has to be tidy. Beautifully layout. Do not crowd your table. Make a statement.


1 comment:

Hoito said...

cool. I am proud of jujube.