Monday, June 1, 2009

Fancy Schmancy Flea Market




I wish I could have attended this event. It was held in Peoria, IL, and looked like they had wonderful weather!! Thanks to Anodyne* for these lovely images.

READ MORE FROM HER HERE...

This is a bit delayed, but I wanted to share with you the comments she had about the show. Better late than never...
"I just re-read my own blog post and realized I didn't actually talk a whole lot about the Fancy Schmancy Flea Market itself. Oops. Let me give you a little more of a description of the event that might actually be helpful:

It was a perfect day for a craft fair, and there were quite a few vendors there. There was lots of jewelry, a few booths focused on baby items, some candles, and a few booths (including mine) with handmade bags. There were also some at-home business vendors (ie, Scentsy) indoors. Most of the people who came through came in the morning and things slowed down during the afternoon. There were local musicians performing throughout the day and a food vendor. All in all, it was a great crafty/festival atmosphere. I think the event might start to draw more visitors and generate more sales for vendors once it becomes established as a regular event. Once of the nice things about this event is that it was focused on benefitting the Center for the Prevention of Abuse, which does important work here in Peoria. I believe that the event will benefit a different charitable organization each time, and I think I overheard that it will be supporting a local food pantry at the next one, which will be August 2nd.

Hope that was a little more helpful! :)"

No comments: